Thursday, February 7, 2019

Meet Miss Albany State University: JANESE BIBBS

Year
in School: Senior
Major/Minor: Chemistry
Expected Graduation: 2019
Extracurricular Activities: 
I have been active on campus in various organizations and clubs. I am amember of the Velma Fudge Grant Honors Program, Student Government Association, Florida Georgia Alliance for Minority Participation (FGAMP), Collegiate Women of Empowerment, The Premed Society, and a former member of the Presidents Student Advisory Council. I have also served previously on the Royal Court as Miss Sophomore for the 2016-2017 scholastic year. My involvement in Habitat for Humanity and Alpha Phi Omega National Service Fraternity has afforded me the opportunity to serve members of the Albany community as well.
Career Goals:
As a chemistry major, I have found an interest in serving other people through science. It is my goal to work at the Ann and Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicago aiding children diagnosed with cancer or a blood disease. I want to help meet the needs of children whether physical, mental, or emotional. Mu ultimate goal is to start a nonprofit for adolescents in underprivileged areas of Chicago, Illinois to expose them science, technology, engineering, mathematics, and medicine.
What is your most memorable contribution as a Campus Queen?:
My most memorable moment as Miss Albany State University has been the opportunity to host a Think Like A Woman session for freshman young ladies. At the session I spoke about the different trials and tribulations I've faced, as well as how to stand tall in the face of adversity as a young, black woman. The event gave me the opportunity to showcase my passion for uplifting minority women.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contributors